Mark Lewis provides French to English Translation services.
Software and Video Technician
I studied business information technology at Epsom, Paris and Brighton and went on to work as a contractor analyst and developer in the UK until 2000, when I moved to France to manage a database for a brand PC manufacturer.
I started out as a freelancer in my newfound base in Brittany in 2004. First configuring hardware, then digitizing analogue media. I spent a year working with a Microsoft ERP provider, and taught information systems at the local IUT for 2 seasons.
Now back in London since 2018, I specialise in technical, audiovisual translation, and added value localisation.
- Translation. English and French technical and business documents.
- Localization: Human translation with cultural nuance.
- Subtitling: Subtitling of both corporate and entertainment video.
- Proofing: Review and correction of technical, industrial and general texts.
- Website: Keyword research, localization and content review.
Technical manuals, contract review, communications, cultural attractions, software design, supply chain, manufacturing, engineering.
RWS Trados + Addons, Microsoft Access, Excel, Powerpoint, Odoo ERP, Todoist, Notion, Obsidian, Evernote, Ayoa, Enterprise Architect, Adobe Illustrator, Première 2023, Final Cut, Subtitle Edit, Mac, Windows, Android, iPhone, WordPress, Google Analytics, Ads, Console, Semrush, Ahrefs.
BSC / DEST Business Information Systems (1994)
CPIM Supply Chain Management (2002)